Afternoon Tea Scones

3 comments
Talking of afternoon tea (see previous post) and inspired by the beautiful recipes I've been salivating over on the Anecdotes and Applecores blog, made me think of this recipe, which has to be the easiest and cheapest scone recipe ever. It makes delicious scones which I often add different bits and bobs to.

Ingredients:

8oz flour
3oz butter
1/4 pint of milk

Why not try adding some chopped almonds or pistachios along with some chopped glace cherries or how about the grated zest of one orange and try serving with orange curd and clotted cream instead of jam.

Method:

Preheat your oven to gas mark 7
Rub the butter and four together to create a fine breadcrumb like mixture
Stir in any additional ingredients such as your dried fruit
Mix in the milk and combine until a ball of dough forms
Gently kneed for one to two minutes
Roll out until the dough is about 1inch thick then use a biscuit cutter to cut out your rounds
Place your rounds on a lined baking tray, brush with a little milk and then bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes until golden on top




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. Wow! I think that's simple enough for me to do it, with the ingredients I have in the cupboard now :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, an eggless scone recipe.I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to work quite well and I enjoyed it because it was really quick, which is perfect for me at the moment!

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig