What the fuzz!!?

1 comment
Well not quite the expression I used this morning when I realised I had locked my keys in the car along with the dog, but not too far off. Luckily the baby was still strapped to me or it could have been a real disaster.

Fortuitously, seeing as none of my nearest or dearest would answer their phones to come and rescue me, a policeman happened to be passing, so I flagged him down and rather shamefacedly alerted him to  my plight.

The first plan of action was to get the spare set of car keys from the house but of course this proved rather difficult as my house keys were also locked in the boot of the car and Captain Sensible has ensured that the house is like Fort Knox. Even Mr Policeman couldn't find a way in as apparently we have a "decent" front door lock which doesn't make it very easy to: "kick the door down." Now that really wouldn't have gone down too well with the other half.

Eventually with the aid of a: local camper; his wire coat hanger; a rather burly police officer and a metal pole we managed to get the rear window down and I was able to extract my keys.

A rather mortifying start to the day indeed to be witnessed by the rather nice Mr Policeman and passing motorists, especially given that all of this took place with me rocking early morning, Jeremy Kyle chic: no makeup, wet hair and white socks and slippers (I'd just taken off my wellies and they were in the boot - of course I don't wear socks and slippers out in public normally!)

Still, on the bright side, the dog was fine and Olive got to sit in a police car and have her mug shot taken with Mr Policeman. Women drivers eh?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. This is absolutely hilarious! And I'm sorry to say, I'm not sorry that I'm laughing at your misfortune :) Hope your day got better! X

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig