Me Time

Leave a Comment
Ice creamAhh, baby asleep, jobs done, so a few minutes me time. Time to put my feet up for five and get blogging.

Captain Sensible is back at work after the school holidays so it is time to spend some money whilst he's not looking - well £1 on an ice cream! Finally the weather seems to have perked up and I can indulge in some well earned smugness as everyone else heads back to work and I can enjoy early morning strolls with my dog in the New Forest, without getting soaked, and leisurely afternoon jaunts to the ice cream parlour. Apparently it has been the wettest summer for 100 years, nicely timed to coincide with my maternity leave, so I think I'm quite justified in feeling particularly pleased about this late summer sunshine.

I've also been back on the case with the freebies and bargain deals - fear not hubby, I'm not spending all your money just yet.  I've been into to town to pick up my final Bounty pack and a baby pack courtesy of Emma's diary. They do tend to be full of fairly useless stuff but some of the money off coupons are quite useful and the little pots of Sudo creme are good too as they take up less room in your change bag and I refill them from my big pot when they run out.

I've also been out blackberry picking again and managed to procure a bumper bag of cooking apples that a neighbour was selling for the princely sum of £1.25. I can feel a surfeit of blackberry and apple crumbles coming on!

At this time of year it's amazing what people are selling from their gardens and being out and about with the buggy means that I often stumble upon these little honesty stalls that last year I would have driven right past. Last week I picked up a yummy bag of tomatoes and a huge marrow for under a pound, far cheaper than the supermarket.

Luckily for me I also have my own fruit trees in the garden, so if anyone has any good recipes that involve pears, crab apples or figs, let me know.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig