Feeding Fashion...If only I'd known!

3 comments
The best advice I have been given since having my baby is that a happy mum = a happy baby.  So if something isn't working for you and your baby isn't doing exactly what all your well-meaning parents, friends, health visitors, baby books etc etc are telling you (do they ever?), don't worry about it and do what suits you and your family. Hardly rocket science I know,  but it is amazing how easy it is to lose sight of this when things aren't going according to plan as I found out early on when I had trouble with feeding. I'm so glad someone came to the rescue with this simple piece of wisdom when I was a not so happy mummy!


In contrast, the advice I wish I'd been given before having baby is to choose your maternity wear carefully so that you can use it afterwards if you are choosing to breast feed.

Let's face it, unlike the celebs I was talking about yesterday, most of us are still a bit wobbly after the arrival of our little bundles of joy. Those little dresses that looked fabulous stretched across our bumps don't work at all for breast feeding, unless, of course, you are happy to hoik them over your knickers and bare more than anybody really wants to see!
Perfect for showing off the bump, not so good for breast feeding!

And therein lies the next problem - with finances already feeling a little strapped, you don't really want to be spending lots of money on new clothes to breast feed in that hopefully you'll shrink out of eventually.

The items that served me best, both pre and post-pregnancy, were nursing tops - available at H&M, Mothercare and Dotty Ps and looser, floatier tops that, not only looked pretty but, were easy to pull up and didn't cling to the bits you wanted to hide. Primani has also been a must have, for some budget clothes to tide me over.

Websites such as:  www.milkchic.co.uk, were also good for finding clothes to feed in that were good value and didn't look like something your Gran would wear!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my bump band really handy - it covered my unbuttoned jeans when I was in early pregnancy and early mummyhood, and now it's great underneath my tops to cover my tummy when I'm feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound good, I'll have to look for one of those on ebay.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig